I have since concluded that that file, being a .c file, is actually intended to 
be compiled.  Ie, it is part of rio's source-code.  In other words, it is not a 
configuration script.  Obvious, I suppose, in hindsight.  Following the 
instructions here: http://fqa.9front.org/fqa5.html#5.2.2, I have now done



cd /sys/src/cmd/rio




mk install




mk clean



I then took the risk of hoping that that would be adequate, and launched a 
fresh instance of rio inside the same window.  No change.  So I went the full 9 
yards, and rebooted.  Still no change.

That blunted my confidence that only rebuilding that particular part would be 
sufficient.
I have now found the following, which returns some of that confidence:

"After the tree is updated, recompile/build the updated programs as needed."

The next thing to try is a full re-build.  My pi is doing this now.  Very slow. 
 I considered trying to do it on my linux laptop instead, but concluded that 
the build instructions are for 9front specifically.
------------------------------------------
9fans: 9fans
Permalink: 
https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/T3839cf8623113190-M2cb7ff0302a8f72c1aa37ff1
Delivery options: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/subscription

Reply via email to