So the pi completed the build process.  I then rebooted, not really expecting 
anything, and.. that's what I got.  Looking at the next section of the FQA, 
*5.3 - Building an ISO *, well, I don't actually want an iso.  Not this time.  
I want an image to flash to the microsd card, replacing the whole system.  
Extreme?  certainly seems like it.

The next alternative to document is the one suggested here:
https://pspodcasting.net/dan/blog/2019/plan9_desktop.html#sysadmin_init
"Installing theme and wallpaper patch for 9front rio:"
This is the second thing I tried, historically.
I have now tried it again, the part starting with:
"# write a theme, e.g. in $home/lib/theme/rio.theme"

It produces a window that flashes briefly, a white terminal with a few lines of 
text.  No picture background.  I try setting the sleep to 5 seconds, no effect. 
 I know that if I try to put it in riostart, I'll get an error.  I'll report 
that error later.  For now, the fact that it doesn't work with window is not 
auspicious.
------------------------------------------
9fans: 9fans
Permalink: 
https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/T3839cf8623113190-Mbb2bf45fb89789cb21f2c915
Delivery options: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/subscription

Reply via email to