In your message to me you wrote:
In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>you write:
> > > There are new drawterm binaries at http://swtch.com/drawterm/
> >
> > I almost don't dare to ask...
> > anybody tried to compile it (with success)
> > for sunos 5.8?
>
> To answer my own question: after a little struggle I have a drawterm.
>
> When I start it with my usual -a and -c flags it says:
>
> | cpu: cannot write user/domain choice in p9any:
> | '/mnt/factotum/ctl' does not exist
> |
> | goodbye
>
> Is this something I missed in the struggle?
> Or the effect of a too old p9p installation?
> Or?
>
> (running cpu from a plan9 terminal works fine,
>  as does old drawterm)

commenting out the 'exits' at the end of 'fatal'
and adding some debug prints shows me a bit more.
seems like the '/mnt/factotum/ctl does not exist
somehow is stuck from a previous error and not reset.

reading p9any negotiation: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
cpu: cannot write user/domain choice in p9any: 11 != 20: p9sk1 cs.utwente.nl
cpu: cannot write p9sk1 challenge: (factotum ctl err msg)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] password:
cpu: cannot send ticket and authenticator back in p9sk1: cs gave empty
translation list
cpu: can't authenticate slurp: cs gave empty translation list
cpu: wrting network: dir: fd out of range or not open
cpu: wanting for FS: fd out of range or not open: fd out of range or not open
remote cpu:
goodbye

Axel.