On 5/3/07, Federico Benavento <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

"You are not using a supported compiler. We do not have the time to make sure
everything works with compilers other than the ones we use.  Use either the
same compiler as we do, or use --disable-gcc-check but DO *NOT* REPORT BUGS
unless you can reproduce them after recompiling with a 2.95.x or 3/4.x version!"

note the best part here: the implicit assumption that there is only
one compiler. by "same compiler as we [use]", they mean the same
*version*. using an actual different compiler (we needn't even get as
"exotic" as kencc; lcc will do nicely) is so far outside the realm of
possibility they don't even need to tell you not to do it.