> i did the java class loader for inferno.  it was a pointless
> exercise, and i told them.  but then i quit.  somehow i was

i'd better point out that Brucee's `them' was Lucent's Inferno Business Unit,
not Vita Nuova.  they wasted a fair amount of time and money on it.
we've got the results, including brucee's contributions, but to run any java
on it (ignoring changes in JVM meanwhile) requires lots of surrounding expensive
sun proprietary software, which is why it was never included in a distribution.
since some of the more enthusiastic java puffers have themselves moved on,
writing books such as ``Beyond Java'', probably there's no point in it now.
i think it's the worst language i've ever used (and i've used RPG and FORTRAN
II).