On Jan 23, 2008 11:17 PM, Iruata Souza <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> flash doesn't have anything to do with compliance. nor does javascript.
> speaking of the web, you should be compliant with what you choose to
> implement.
> if you only implement html and you're compliant with w3c, you are compliant.

 Screw w3c. Much as it pains me to admit it, to ignore javascript is
to ignore the web.
 A modern web browser is more like a VM. But instead of having some
sort of sane rendering backend it uses HTML/CSS. Javascript/plugins
serve as the "userspace" code, if you will. HTTP exports the local
rendering interface and cpu to remote machines.
 Gecko makes the JVM look sleek.
-sqweek