On Sun, 03 Feb 2008 00:30:38 -0000, Rob Pike <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 An alternative interpretation is that the facts are skewed by the Bell
 Labs reality distortion field.  The syllogism goes something like this:

 All things not made at Bell Labs are bad
 GNU is not made at Bell Labs
 Therefore, GNU is bad

If you think about what the letters of GNU stand for, you might appreciate that the forms are in mutual opposition. They provide completely different
approaches to software.  "Good" and "Bad" are value judgments.  If
you think GNU is the right way to build things, Plan 9 is probably not
for you, and vice versa.

-rob

Is that "the" Rob Pike? "The R?"

If so, please accept me humble reverence, sire! Hallowed be thy practice (of programming)!

P. S. Down here in my country, Iran, we have this tradition of inventing sacred things out of thin air. A considerable proportion of "the divine and the sacred" spilled all over the globe began with that frailty of ours :-D