> Looking at /sys/src/cmd/usb/usbd/usbd.c, I wonder whether
> your problem has something to do with these lines?
>
> //unconscionable kludge (testing camera)
> if(d->class == 10) setup0(d, RH2D|Rinterface, SET_INTERFACE, 10, 0, 0);

thanks for the suggestion, but the camera was a red herring.
it was actually the usb key that i'd plugged in.  the key works fine
with xp.  so i engineered a swap of usb keys.  it was dying in
setup0 with Estalled.

shouldn't usbd be resistant to badly-behaving devices?
it seems that any error on any endpoint will topple usbd,
at least during configure.

one final question, is there an advantage to usb/disk creating a fs
that's incompatable with devsd?  it would seem to make booting
from usb root difficult.

- erik