I just finished a major overhaul of the ATI shared library, and Kraken
is now able to take advantage of the speed that is offered by the GPU.
The work is not finished yet, as I want to further reduce latency by
cracking several bursts in parallel, this will better utilize the GPU
pipeline.

At any rate I have it to the point where disk IO is the bottleneck, and
to my dismay I discovered that 2 of my disks were much slower than the
others, and a job will only go as fast as the slowest disk allows for.
It could be the motherboard / controller, or the disks themselves. I
need to investigate.

Kraken will only load the ATI shared library if it is present, so
A5Ati.so will have to be placed manually in the working directory (same
as kraken) and work will automatically offloaded to the GPU. The final
keysearch is still done on the CPU, but this is limited to just 1 round
of the rainbow table, the GPU handles the rest.

As for distribution of the tables, I have gotten several requests for
having disks shipped, payed for with PayPal. I am not sure I really
trust this company to not freeze the accounts if someone complains about
the contents of "ext3 preformatted 2TB disks." I should be able to
deliver these at cost for ~250 USD, this includes Norwegian sales tax
(25%) which I haven't found a way to defray. But perhaps someone on the
list could do better than this and set up shop in a country where
overall costs are lower? And ideally, quality packaging materials are
readily available :-)  (We have already suffer 1 unfortunate disk crash)

Frank