At 12:28 PM 9/20/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>There is now a new version of ABCcheck available from
>http://members.aol.com/abacusmusic/.

Bryan,  here's my suggestions.   I am very uncomfortable with freeware that
messes with /WINDOWS/SYSTEM, and I know other people are also annoyed by
that.  If possible you should offer a non-Setup version which can just
"unzip and run".  Also you include....

COMCAT.DLL STDOLE2.TLB ASYCFILT.DLL OLEPRO32.DLL OLEAUT32.DLL MSVBVM60.DLL

however, this is a waste of time.  All these DLLs were already on my
system.  You should make it optional to download these DLLs.

  I think that VisualBasic is not a good choice of language for such a
simple program.  1.4 Meg seems bloated.  You should rewrite it in java or perl.

I tried several ABC files and in all cases your program said "V: invalid
inline option" why doesn't it recognize V: ?  how else can I write music
with multiple voices?

Thanks,

John Henckel          alt. mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Zumbro Falls, Minnesota, USA   (507) 753-2216

http://geocities.com/jdhenckel/