<snip>
> WHAAAAAT?  Says who?  This is the abc USERS list.
<snip>
History:  There used to be an ABC developers list, only.  Then there was a
users list as well, then development issues started getting discussed on the
users list and a consensus seemed to develop that users were interested
enough in what went on that everything was on the users list.  So now there
is only a users list, but it's used for everything.  Not sure if the users
list is actually dead and rotted or if it exists but is unused.  The
difference is academic anyway.

> I'm afraid I'll have to invoke the Groucho principle here.
> That isn't a club I want to be a member of.

What Groucho said was that he wouldn't want to be a member of any club that
would have him.
(Think about it.  I am not going to elaborate, now or ever).

> No you haven't.  I can't recall you ever responding to any of the points I
have made.

Some of the points were responded to - look at the archives if your memory
fails.
You may feel that you demolished all the opposing arguments, but some of the
points about which you have a quite clear opinion are in fact just that:
matters of opinion.  Some of us are of the opposite opinion.  In cases like
this people can finish up agreeing to differ.  ABC developers are (as far as
I know) all in this voluntarily.  Where a consensus emerges, things get
done.  Where it doesn't things become more "interesting" - in the sense of
the old Chinese curse.

May you live in interesting times.

Laurie