----------
> De : Laura Conrad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> A : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Objet : Re: [abcusers] ABC standards committee webpage
> Date : vendredi 16 mars 2001 05:09

>     Richard> How on earth do you create those pdf documents?
>
> >From TeX:
>
>         latex filename.tex
>         dvips filename.dvi
>         ps2pdf filename.ps filename.pdf

Thanks to you and the committee for your work on the abc standard...but
the PDF file is very ugly in Acrobat Reader. You should have used a
more up to date version of GhostScript (5.50 is very old now and 6.0
does a better job) and type I PostScript fonts.

(pdf)LaTeX is really a very elegant way to produce PDF documents. With
the hyperref package, you can easily get a smart PDF with bookmarks,
hyperlinks...

If it can help, send me off list your tex source so I can show you  a
demo of that.

BTW, why not starting from the 'usrguide.tex' in the abc2mtex
distribution from Chris?

Christophe