Phil Taylor said -

>The tune will work with Muse and abcm2ps with a minimal
>amount of editing (just insert a return after every V:n field).

Why should users have to do that?  How are they going to know that's what
they have to do?  They may not be on this list.  They may never have heard of
BarFly.  They may be under the illusion that abc is a single entity with a
common standard.

>I don't know about abc2nwc; I haven't downloaded it because I don't use nwc.

      and I don't know about BarFly because I haven't got a Mac.
abc2nwc follows, as best I can, James Allwright's documentation of V:, partly
because I understand this to be the original version, partly because it was
the only documentation I could find and partly because it seems entirely
adequate to the need.

>I think it's probably the holiday season.  We haven't heard anything on
>this list recently from Laurie, Robert, Laura or John Atchley.

The standards committee was announced in February.  The ABC Standards
Committee Page was last updated in March.  Quite a holiday.

>I can see that we're going to end up having to write "smart" software
>which can figure out the right answer from anything which looks like abc.

Or, alternatively, we can all work to the same standard and save ourselves a
lot of trouble.

Bryan Creer