Hello,

Phil Taylor wrote:
> Simon Wascher wrote:
> >I would find it much better to write the
> >music voice after voice. (...)
> I disagree.  Writing the abc line by line preserves the original
> music layout in the abc,

Not necessarily, especially not if the original layout is no score but
single parts.

 and I find it much more readable.  I notice,
> however that in some of the pieces you have two lines in each voice.
> This seems to me to be the worst possible compromise.

that is not a compromise, that is a consequence. Since I need eight bars
per line in music display, the linebreak follows after the eight bar.
Since eight bars are very long and may cause corrupted linebreakes for
example in e-mails, I regulary put a backslash after every fourth bar
(this also makes the structure of the tune transparent).

regards

Simon Wascher - Vienna, Austria