Forgeot Eric wrote:

> Hello,
>
> this is a great work you've done Frank !

Thanks :-)

> But this is the second time I'm doing some book transcriptions and
> there is someone doing the same on his side.

I know how you feel. I was working on Orchesographie too.

But in this particular case I don't think it matters too much. Judging
by the pieces you've posted at abcusers, you're doing "modern"
transcriptions for a melodic instrument and guitar, while I've done the
four part settings as "authentically" as ABC allows. So rather than
compete, I'd say our Arbeau transcriptions complement each other.

> So it may be a good thing if we could find a webspace (a message
> board) where we could write "publicly" who is transcribing what
> (like for the O'neill tunes).

Yes.
I've been thinking more or less along the same lines actually. Thought
I'd add a list of books transcribed in ABC to my site.

> I'm transcriving Robert de Visée suite in Am (for guitar). I hope
> there is nobody doing the same right now...

I don't think so. I'm certainly not doing any Visée transcriptions at
the moment and I don't know of anybody else who does ABCs of guitar music.

My big unfinished projects are Anna Magdalena Bach and Cesare Negri. And
the Bach chorals, of course, though I doubt I'll ever manage to finish
that one alone.

Frank