From: Frank Nordberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2001 9:40 PM
Subject: Re: [abcusers] dynamics (again)

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I am not a Mac user so I have no direct experience of the nature of
> BarFly, but I do know that a number of people have posted tunes in abc
> generated by using BarFly.  From where I'm standing these are BarFly
> output.  They appear to have various characteristics which make them
> incompatible with the abc software available to me.  Do these not
> arise from the use of BarFly, or is it just that all BarFly users are
> working to a different definition of the abc standard?

BarFly follows the standard (ABC 1.6) pretty well, but all abc
applications differs when it comes to various extensions. abc2ps seems
to be the dominating application here in the abcusers community (though
not necessarily among abc-users in general!) so people tend to regard
that program's use of extensions as the "standard".

Frank Nordberg
http://www.musicaviva.com
To subscribe/unsubscribe, point your browser to:
http://www.tullochgorm.com/lists.html