Judy asks:
| Is there an archive of actual abcs that people have
| shared on this list? I have found some good ones here.
| Makes me wonder what I've missed. Thanks!

I've done a bit of collecting:
  http://trillian.mit.edu/~jc/music/abc/mirror/abcusers/

Extracting tunes from a mailing lists turns out to be somewhat  of  a
non-trivial  problem,  as people are amazingly lax in what they post.
This is true even on this list.  Information that should be in header
(C,  S,  Z,  ...)  lines  is regularly put in the English text, so it
takes quite a lot of editing to put the info where it  belongs.   And
you  have  to find replies that add info, correct notes, etc, usually
in a form that software can't recognize as abc.

As a result, this is a rather labor-intensive job.  I hope there  are
others around that have done the job, too. Maybe they'll have some of
the tunes that I overlooked.

Then there are the people who extract tunes from  mailing  lists  and
put  them  on a site that blocks access by my tune finder.  I know of
several at yahoo that I just can't get to at all ...