I can't understand why I've read so many emails on this topic.
ABC quite clearly differentiates between slurs and ties (which
is more than stave notation does), but some player somewhere
interprets ^F-|F as (^F|=F). So? Mend the player. This is the
abcusers group, not the software developers' group.
I'm just waiting for someone to write a program to play ABC to
my sound card, so I can rename it as playQabc.exe (I'm using
ABC2Win). That would be a great improvement. The last system I
had delivered arrived with the PC speaker unconnected, and I
won't be surprised to see the next arrive without one at all.
Flos