Laurie write:
| FWIW Muse does not use any "secret", or undocumented parts of the Windows
| interface.
|
| (During my time in the Windows Systems group in MS I never came across any
| interfaces that were intended to be secret.  What I did find were places
| where an app had been developed to an early-version interface that we in
| Windows had thought better of and replaced in the released product by
| something that worked better.  Meanwhile the guys in the apps group didn't
| feel much like rewriting *their* stuff just because we were too stupid to
| have all our second thoughts first.  So the thing would be left in but
| undocumented).  Of course, there may have been secrets that I wasn't told
| (almost "by definition of secret").

Yeah; in my experience this is the usual origin  of  such  "secrets".
There are lots of conspiracy theories, and probably a few of them are
valid.  But this sort of organizational chaos is probably  much  more
common.  "Never attribute to malice ..."

This isn't much consolation for a software developer, of course.