another way to approach this is to have a special keysig or clef for drum notation -
just
as K:HP is supposed to draw notes in highland pipes style (all stems up, gracenotes
beamed
together, default gracenote have 2 flags, if I recall correctly), then something like
K:drum could draw note heads as 'x'...

wil