From: "Frank Nordberg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2002 2:34 AM
Subject: Re: [abcusers] Multiple Cords for 1 note

Jeremy Cowgar wrote:
> I am curious how to enter multiple chords for one note in ABC format.
> Here is a very small sample of my ABC file:
>
> R:4/4
> L:1/8
> "G7"cBAB |1 "C"c8 :|2 "C"c8 |]
>
> Now, what I want is:
>
> "G7"cBAB |1 "C""F""C"c8 :|2 "C""F""C"c8 |]
>
> The c8 is a whole note obviously, but I want to break the whole note
> accompanyment into three chords.
>
> Can that be done?

Well, yes - in a way,
What you do is that you include all the chord symbols for a single note
within one pair of "'s like this:

"G7"cBAB |1 "C F C"c8 :|2 "C F C"c8 |]

Then you can use multiple spaces between the chord symbols to get the
alignement you want.

Crude, but it works.

Frank Nordberg
http://www.musicaviva.com

To subscribe/unsubscribe, point your browser to:
http://www.tullochgorm.com/lists.html