Toby Rider wrote:
(after I wrote)
| > I mean, we're talking about a gang of musicians.  Do we really
| > think we can ever get any two of them to agree on anything?
| >
| > It's sorta like that old saying:  If you have a watch, you know
| > what time it is; if you have two watches, you're never sure.
|
|  Yup, creative people suck.. Artists, musicians, writers, etc.. They're
| all infuriating.. They've always got these opions about things.. Too bad
| I'm one of them, life might be so much easier otherwise! :-)

Ya got that right.  And if some of them are  also  computer
programmers, well ...

Another variant of an old joke: If you give a problem to 10
programmers, you'll get back 11 different solutions.

(Actually, I've been somewhat impressed  by  the  way  that
most of the independent extensions to abc have actually had
few real conflicts.  So far, it seems that they can  mostly
be handled by still more small extensions. For example, the
"middle=" solution to how to map notes to  the  staff  with
different  clefs.  Simple and elegant.  The main problem is
getting things implemented in more of the tools.)