Guido Gonzato <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I use abcm2ps but my question is applicable to all ABC to PostScript
> converters. We all know that PostScript has those nice 35 fonts, which
> ought to be enough for everybody. But what if I wanted to use some other
> weird font?
>
> So, I'd like to know: 1) is it possible to add a new font to GhostScript,
> and how? 2) how can *abc*2ps use this new font, if at all possible?

If you have the font available as a truetype font it can be added to
the GhostScript font map. The font map maps font names to the actual
files containing the fonts. On my machine (Windows 2000 with
GhostScript 7.03) the fontmap is found at:

C:\Program Files\gs\gs7.03\lib\Fontmap.GS

You can add extra entries at the bottom of the file. E.g. to add the
comic font I added:

/Comic (c:/winnt/fonts/comic.ttf) ;

(note the forward slashes rather than back slashes in the pathname).

As far as making abc2ps use the new font, I don't know. If nothing
else you could use a script to go through the postscript output and
substitute your new font name, although if abc2ps uses font size
information it might not give the desired output.

Bob