On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 22:02:38 +0000, Calum Galleitch
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
        [snip]
>Here's problem no 1:
        [snip]
>I stick this (wrapped in a routine) after each line of music.   It sticks a
>label in front of each line of music.  Trouble is, the string length varies,
        [snip]
>Sub-problem - for some reason, appending this after the last line of music
>doesn't work - meaning the text just doesn't show up.  Providing a seperate
        [snip]

I am updating abcm2ps (3.6.3) for it outputs postscript sequences after
the last line of music. BTW, at start of line, it will also output such
sequences, so that you may overlay the staff definition:

- in the file header (or format file):
        %%postscript /oldstaff /staff load def
        %%postscript /staff {
        %%postscript   currentpoint
        %%postscript   /Times-BoldItalic 14 selectfont -16 8 RM leftxt show
        %%postscript   M oldstaff} bdef
        %%postscript /leftxt () def

- in the tune:
        %%postscript /leftxt (1) def
        ..first music line..
        %%postscript /leftxt (2) def
        ..second music line..

>Problem no 3:
        [snip]
>phrase added or left out.  So, what is needed is a octavo-like marker with
>text settable when called ("2nd line only", "1st time twice", etc).  If it's
>at all possible, it really needs to be nestable one level (ie sections within
>sections, but no sections within sections within sections!)  Ewan MacPherson
        [snip]
>Is it possible to modify this to do what I want?  I suspect it probably needs
>two routines, one for the inner brace and one for the outer (how to do that
>without potential crashes?)  Aargh...
        [snip]

Well, not easy! For the first level, you may use repeat bars with
explicit ending ('["sometext"...]|'). For the second level, I see
only an expression decoration:

        %%deco 2( 7 - 24 0 0
        %%deco 2) 7 firsttime 24 0 0

(i.e. '7' instead of '5')

and as these decorations normally go below the staff, you also need:
        %%exprabove 1

--
Ken ar c'hentañ |             ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
                |               http://moinejf.free.fr/
Pépé Jef        |               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]