On Sun, 6 Jul 2003, Henrik Norbeck wrote:

> It's my own preliminary proposal. I haven't received anything from
> Guido. Of course it has to be modified, but it's a starting point,
> because most of it will be as it is there.

Thank you for your good work.

> Well, it's case sensitive. ABNF quoted strings, e.g. "A:" are not
> case sensitive. ABC is (mostly) a case senstive language. So if I
> want to stick to ABNF, which happens to be a standard, I'll have to
> use e.g. %x58.3A and have a comment "X:" after it.

Please use strings like "A:" as you did in your
previous BNF definitions, and make an annotation that
all strings are case sensitive. %x58.3A is so
unreadable that it really pays to break the ABNF
standard in this respect.

If you still wish to maintain the "official" BNF
definition according to the strict ABNF standard, then
please provide a readable variant for practical use.

 Groeten,
 Irwin Oppenheim
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 ~~~*