henrik wrote:
Well, it's case sensitive. ABNF quoted strings, e.g. "A:" are not
case sensitive. ABC is (mostly) a case senstive language. So if I
want to stick to ABNF, which happens to be a standard, I'll have to
use e.g. %x58.3A and have a comment "X:" after it.

Please use strings like "A:" as you did in your previous BNF definitions, and make an annotation that all strings are case sensitive. %x58.3A is so unreadable that it really pays to break the ABNF standard in this respect.

Any other comments from the list on this? Should I change the BNF to case sensitive using character strings instead, or would that cause problems creating parsers using e.g. lex and yacc?

Perhaps someone should write a program that parses BNF and converts it to ABNF... ;-)

--
Bert Van Vreckem                 <http://flanders.blackmill.net/>
Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and