Guido Gonzato said,

> And about those broken old ABC files, I remind
> you that abcpp can fix most of them!

and

> using abcpp I've fixed lots of legacy ABC files. It would be nice if there
> were a web-based "translation service" based on abcpp. I have no
> experience on writing web applets; any hints?

Although the list seems to be dominated by the Windows and Linux users,
don't forget in designing standards that there are a fair number of
Macintosh users who use abc too. Solutions that aren't compatible with our
computers don't do us much good! Therefore the idea of a web-based
translation service sounds particularly good to me.

Peter