On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 07:41:43PM +0200, I. Oppenheim wrote:
> > The TeX-ness of it makes for many possibilities that the %%text
> > constructions can't get near, in terms of setting text and tunes
> > together on a page. (nor would we want them too, I reckon. Oh
> > dear, have I just started another 6-month thread ?). My feeling about
> > this is that abc and typesetting are separate issues;
>
> For lowlevel TeX formatting of music notation,
> one can use already several excellent packages
> such as MTX, PMX and Lilypond. These are all
> actively maintained.

Ah, but I didn't mean TeX formatting of the musical notation. I meant,
how to get typesetting of text that surrounds abc, how to handle the
mixing of text and tunes - placing abc tunes on a sheet of paper along with
other text; or text on a sheet of tunes, depending on how you look at
it.

--
Richard Robinson