From: "Guido Gonzato" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> On Fri, 18 Jul 2003, David Webber wrote:
>
> > That doesn't work.   Cf a new line of the form
> >
> > a b c d |!a b c d |
>
> right. But this is ugly syntax.

Well I am no expert on what people consider "ugly" - all I want is
"consistent and unambiguous".  :-)

> Sooner or later, someone will have to say
> "for goodness sake, Joe, when you write ABC remember that
end-of-line
> bangs MUST be followed by a space" (or whatever).

Well said!   In that case can you put ! followed by space in the
standard as a newline, and define !...! so that the content must not
start with a space?

I (like others apparently) rather dislike |!: to start a line with a
new repeated section.
| ! |:  (including space after !)  would be much better.

Dave