On Thu, 24 Jul 2003, John Fattaruso wrote:

> As someone primarily interested in typesetting choral music, I was very
> interested in the voice overlay capability with the '&' syntax that
> emerged in abcm2ps some time ago. Many times in choral music we will
> have a vocal line splitting into two or three lines for only a few
> measures here and there, and abc shouldn't require defining a whole
> different voice for just those few measures.
>
> I did not see any mention of this capability in the new 2.0.0 standard,
> however. Maybe I missed it?

in the draft proposal I published I decided to stick to feratures that are
already implemented by major applications only. '&' is a very useful
feature (I'm a singer too), but AFAIK only abcm2ps supports it. Irwin
Oppenheim has extended the draft proposal with a more aggressive stance,
please wait while we're fixing it.

Later,
      Guido =8-)

--
Guido Gonzato, Ph.D. <guido . gonzato at univr . it> - Linux System Manager
Universita' di Verona (Italy), Facolta' di Scienze MM. FF. NN.