I. Oppenheim  writes:
| I've now also updated the ties and slurs section of
| http://www.joods.nl/~chazzanut/abc/abc2-draft.html
| to give PNG examples of nested slurs.
| Please have a look to see if you can agree.

It's getting to look better and better.

One thing I noticed missing:  The  repeat  section  doesn't
mention the N-times-through notation like

|::  ...  ::|   % Play this three times.
|::: ... :::|   % Play this four times.

I've implemented this in jcabc2ps, and used  it  in  a  few
tunes.   I've  found that, although musicians will say that
they've never seen this, they invariably know exactly  what
it means.

Of course, when a phrase is played three or more times, you
usually do have different endings.  This is why many people
haven't seen this notation.  But it can be very handy  when
you're just writing a basic version of a tune, and you note
that one phrase really is played four times.

Some time back we had a somewhat silly discussion of how to
combine  this  with the notation for multiple bars of rest.
Somehow, I don't think we need to bother with that  in  the
next version of abc. But thosed who have some time on their
hands could dig it out of the archives.

I'll see if I can find anything else.