On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 09:13:36AM +0200, Guido Gonzato wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, Barry Say wrote:
>
> > How are we going to reach decisions on a new standard?
>
> I don't think we'll ever reach decisions this way.
>
> > How come the proposal by Guido was suddenly expanded?
>
> because I got overwhelmed by Irwin's burning desire to revolutionise ABC,
> so I gave up...

And, I thought Henrik was involved with this original attempt, too ?

> so I gave up... now I'm writing documents that concentrate on _existing_
> extensions to the standard.

That seems like a good idea. It will be useful to have statements of
what is actually the case.

Increasingly, I begin to wonder if this should be seen as a fork.
I've been arguing the toss over a lot of these new proposals, on the
grounds that they might as well be "done right" if at all, but I'm
also beginning to wonder whether I'd actually be prepared to update
to software that conforms to it, if/when anybody changes the code
to do so.

--
Richard Robinson