Forgeot Eric wrote:

The sources are provided, so you just have to get a C++ compiler and compile them on your machine.

I see your point Eric, but it seems to me you're making a mistake that seems to be a bit too common here: You assume that the average computer user is able to take a C script, run it through a compiler and get a working program right away.

This list is heavily dominated by computer programmers, and I suppose for them this kind of things are all in a day's work.

The very concept of compiling a program is alien to the vast majority of computer users. Unless you already have some experience in this, you would need quite some self-confidence and a rather desperat need for *that* particular application before you even starts considering going through it all.

Even if you do try, the source code of a program can rarely be compiled on a new platform without some tweaking.

So sorry, Eric. Although I suppose many of the programmers here will disagree, I wouldn't say an application is available for the average user unless there is a ready-made and *tested* version of it for the OS he/she is using.

Frank Nordberg http://www.musicaviva.com