In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Steven Bennett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
That it's written in Objective C should be fairly irrelevant, BTW -- it's
almost trivial to pick up and understand the Objective C extensions to
ANSI-C, and the resulting code is much easier both to write and read than
either C or C++ would be.  IMHO.

You must be a rarity. Objective C. I've yet to actually meet anyone thats used this language. Objective C, from what I've read is VHS's Betamax. Better, but didn't succeed in the marketplace.

Relevant or irrelevant, that is the #pragma? Its only irrelevant if there are compiler implementations that all contributors can use on the various platforms people want. Is there a GNU Objective C or equivalent?

Don't take this an attack on your work or use of Objective C. Its not, I'm just unaware of any Objective C compilers people can use without having to buy yet another tool (something I can't see people doing when contributing to a free project). Of course, if you can show me I'm wrong, that'll be fine.

Assuming there are Objective C compilers around that people can use that brings up the question of language binding. How straightforward is it to produce a C/C++ callable API for your Objective C created code? (If you can do it for C/C++ we can sort out the Java/.net/Delphi/Python etc straightforwardly).

Stephen
--
Stephen Kellett
Object Media Limited    http://www.objmedia.demon.co.uk