> Someone stated that using ANSI C would be best but that we would
> definitely want to use the object oriented extensions to make it object
> oriented C (not C++)...  Perhaps that is ANSI C today... I dunno... I
> haven't programed in C for 5 years and perhaps ANSI has  certified an
> updated C spec to include the object oriented routines/extensions.

There's no so such extension for ANSI C AFAIK.

When you and Paul talk about OO, I think (please correct me if I'm wrong)
that you really mean an "OO Interface" as opposed to a "functional API".

In other words the problem could be rephrased as follows:

Should we provide classes and objects so to be able to write:

myTune = abc:new();
myTune.Import("filename.abc");
myPart=myTune.Parts[1];
if (myPart.Instrument == "Grand Piano")

or an API to write something like:

myTune = abcNew()
abcImport(myTune,"filename.abc")
if (abcGetInstrument(myTune,abcParts(myTune,1)) == "Grand Piano")

Am I correct?

NOTE: THE ABOVE CODE FRAGMENTS ARE IN PSEUDOLANGUAGE!

                        R.D.