On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 10:02:52AM -0400, Paul Rosen wrote:

> That's a good point, and that brings up something that I was wondering
> about. Do you think that the parser should figure out the correct pitch or
> leave that to the app? I think that is what you are suggesting, and it would
> be my preference, too.
>
> In other words, I'm envisoning that the "pitch" field will be an integer
> that is the that should be sounded. If we have:
>
> K:C
> K:G
>
> Then the parser would store different notes, an F-natural in the first case
> and an F-sharp in the second. That, of course, requires the parser to
> understand the "K:" field, which could be complicated.

It's at least arguable that to understand things like this is what a
parser is for ? But there is also the question of preserving the
original information. If someone chooses to have ^f in a "K:G " piece,
ie to emphasise a sharp that's strictly speaking superfluous, would the
parser "disappear" this ?

--
Richard Robinson