Hello friends,

I would like to see a tool that would split chords into different voices. Something that could work like this:

The tune below:
X:1
T:Chord Split
M:4/4
L:1/4
K:C
[CE] [EG] [FA]2 |]

Would be changed to:
X:1
T:Chord Split
M:4/4
L:1/4
K:C
V:1
C E F2
V:2
E G A2

And that also could do the inverted procedure:
X:1
T:Merge
M:4/4
L:1/4
K:C
V:1
C E FE
V:2
E G A2

Changed To:
X:1
T:Merge
M:4/4
L:1/4
K:C
[CE] [EG] FE & A2 |]
or, if this is too much brain work:
[CE] [EG] FE |]

I wonder if any of the users would be interested (or would volunteer) in developing a script, or include this as a feature of an existing program, or even point me to a program where it is already implemented.
One of the reasons is that I've always found hard to type the "[ ]" for chords. And this situation makes me wish I knew something about programming :(

Best regards,

Eduardo Vieira

Music recording software Computer music software Reasons music software
Music editing software Cakewalk music software Music writing software

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS