On jeudi, nov 7, 2002, at 09:07 Europe/Paris, F J Franklin wrote:

On Thu, 7 Nov 2002, sang wrote:
I am a newbie for AbiWord-dev list. Now I have be confused with AbiWord.
I just want type some text and save it as Microsoft Word Doc file.
AbiWord's support for writing MSWord .doc is highly experimental and is
available only in DEBUG builds. In non-DEBUG builds we offer the option of
saving RTF with a .doc file extension since MSWord seems able to
understand these and most people don't care about DOC/RTF so long as it
looks like an MSWord .doc file...

Even more: early Word97 versions did save file as RTF when saving file as Word 6/95.
BTW, name an HTML file as .doc and it'll work too :-)

Hub