On 7/07/2011 11:46 AM, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
> I'm looking at aria-live mostly for
> instructional purposes rather than for actually using it directly,
> because I don't think it's possible to use it directly.
I should clarify. I don't mean aria-live on the HTML side. Rather, I
mean the way aria-live is exposed to ATs; i.e. an object gets marked as
live.

> Is the waiting-requirement indeed a use case of aria-live?
Not of aria-live in HTML, no. However, I think we could generalise the
"live" mechanism to things other than aria-live. In this case, an object
would be marked as live but requiring notification/synchronisation. When
the AT sees this, it would know to notify the object when it is done
handling the live update.

Jamie

--
James Teh