I seriously doubt the efficacy of these measures. The numbers of
passengers using railways are so large that it becomes vertually
impossible to manage the passengers in an hour of rush let alone
subjecting them to strict security checks. As far as the visually
impaired are concerned, most of us have been managing it all alone most
of the times. However, it must be acknowledged that the indian railways
has ample staff to provide assistance to the blind and other needy
people in case of urgency.
Regards
Aruni.
Kiran Kaja wrote:
> I don't know what will happen to some of us who want to travel alone on
> trains. I really doubt if Railway officials will offer any assistance as
> airlines do in finding our compartment or seat.
>
> July 29, 2006 17:15 IST
>
> In the wake of the Mumbai blasts, the railway ministry has decided to
> introduce strict security measures in stations to ensure that only
> passengers enter
> railway platforms.
>
> "After the Mumbai blasts, we are now introducing strict security measures at
> the stations. Only bona fide passengers will be allowed on the platforms.
> Seeing-off
> will have to take place outside," Railway Minister Lalu Prasad said while
> inaugurating the country's first multi-modal transport system at NSC Bose
> International
> Airport in Kolkata.
>
> Other measures include installation of close circuit televisions inside the
> stations for round-the-clock vigil, installation of metal detectors at all
> entry
> points and an increase in the dog squads to ensure better security check on
> carriage and railway property, he said.
>

> To unsubscribe send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the subject
> unsubscribe.

best of regards
Aruni
Ph: +91 522 404-2921. cel: +91 933-584-4700
EMail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yahoo: aruni100
msn: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
skype: aruni_sharma