Yes, folder by these two names cannot be created but,
I have wondered we get the two different prompting while trying to
create ether of the folder. Con and Nul, both the words are made from
three alphabets but when we try to create a folder by the name of Con
then it says
Cannot create or replace file: The filename you specified is invalid
or too long.
Specify a different filename.
Where as if we try to make the folder by the name of Nul then it
prompts
Cannot rename New Folder: A file with the name you specified already
exists. Specify a different filename.
I could not understand the logic of this error message that
The filename you specified is invalid or too long when we give the
name Con to folder. Whatever may be the cause of not creating the
folder of these name but I am more keen to put this in my knowledge
that creating any folder of even 10, 15 alphabets, we don't see any
problem in terms of size but if try to create the folder by the name
of Con, the word of three Alphabets, then it is telling us   the
specified file name too long!
Seems interesting!

--
Warm regards,

Amit Bhatt
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Windows messenger: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yahoo messenger: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Skype: amitbhattindia
Direct cell: +91-935-006-3109.

"Difficult we do today, impossible takes little longer"