On 10/3/06, Keshav Kumar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> sorry, but, let me make it clear to every one that the same CBSE is,  not at
> all ready to allow the students of the blind relief association to go for
> these 2 subjects.
>
> our prinsipal is struggling for the same cince July 2005.
> i however, now feel that this new development may pave way for the above.
>
> regards,
> Keshav.

Though I am not a blind educator, I am very much concerned about
Education of blind pupils.  I cannot understand why CBSE was convinced
that blind people have difficulties  in learning English.  Most of the
blind schools do not have skilled teachers who can teach maths and
Science to blind children including my own school where I studied upto
10th std., math was prohibited from VIII standard onwards.    Unless
we improve the quality and increase the efficiency of blind educators,
the situation will remain grim for blind children.  I doubt learning
maths and science is as difficult as it is deemed by blind teachers
and agencies.  Educational reforms should be carried out from
grassroot level.
      To my knowledge the cost of infrastructure is affordable for all
the blind schools.  I do appreciate the steps taken by CBSE.
Thank you all,

SANJAY PRASAD