From: "chandrashekhar kulkarni" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 10:33 PM
Subject: [AI] Recruitment of v.h. by Maharashtra Govt. a deception.

Friends,
  First of all I wish aHappy and Prosperous Divali.
  Recently as per High Court it has become binding on Maharashtra Govt. to
recruit handicapped to fill up the backlog of reservation. But in almost 80%
of ads only partially sighted with 40% of vision are eligible to apply.
Totally blind because of this get very much frustrated. Further in reality
the jobs are given to those who really do not come under the catagory of
v.h. but by hook or crook manage to get a Dr's certificate. I feel the
categorisation of v.h. done in most of eye hospitals is unscientific. A
person seeking a certificate there in most of the cases is just asked to
identify the number of fingers and if a person says he cannot see the
fingers he is given a totally blind person certificate and the same person
if partially sighted after some days manages to get a partially blind
certificate with the result the same person has both the certificates. Isn't
it rediculous? But because of this totally blind persons, in spite of having
the ability is unable to get a
 job.
  I feel something needs to be done about this.
  Sincerely,
  C. B. Kulkarni.

To unsubscribe send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with