Freedom box has a version of its screen reader software for linux which can be downloaded from http://www.freedombox.inro. The trial is free. Don't have any idea about nopernicus. Please let us know if you have any success with linux as far as accessibility is concerned.

chandrashekhar kulkarni wrote:
Friends,
I have Fedora Core 5 installed on my computer along with Windows. I found that there is built in speech engine Gnofernicus in this system. But when we try to access it shows speech unavailable. Can anyone tell me whether it requires settings to be modified. I am very much keen in learning basics of this operating system. Awaiting your reply,
  Sincerely,
C. B. Kulkarni.