Similarly, I have heard that the NHIS in TN is not eligible for the
parents of the employee after the employee getting married and the
mediclaim favours only to the employee's family ie, spouse and
children excluding the employee's parents. How about this situation in
other states?
don't parents need more care at their old age when infact their
mediclaims are heavy and if Govt itself is going to do so then isn't
it like promoting nuclear family.
We can't expect all govt employees to be wealthy enough to encounter
the medical expenses of today...

Sorry for my mail may look off-topic but think in a long run of our
own oldage . And also becoming old also is like becoming disabled as
they loose their phiscal and mental strength and dependent on others
especially on their grown up children.