Dear Amar,
It will be great if you could approach Zomato on our behalf. Please use the
text below to create a write up for senior management of restaurants. I am
getting a lot of queries from users and need to devote some time to it. as
you know, I have taken this initiative totally out of personal interest and
I have to primarily give my time to DAISY Consortium.

For restaurant owners

Read on to find out how we can help you make your menu completely accessible
for people with visual impairments and other reading difficulties in India.
or click here to get in touch.

Ever wondered how visually impaired people read a menu?

The truth is, it's a huge problem!
 There are more than 15 million people with visual impairments in India.
Their conditions range from those who are totally blind through to people
whose vision can't be corrected by even the strongest of glasses. And then
there are millions of people who due to old age cannot read small print or
read in low light.
 As a responsible business house do you accommodate the needs of this large
section of the society?

Some restaurants offer Braille and special large print versions of their
menus but did you know that less than 10% of people with visual impairment
can read Braille?
 And what happens if you change the menu more than a couple of times a year?

So how do most visually impaired people find out what's on the menu when
they go out to eat?
87% rely on a dining companion or waiter to read them the menu.
91% told up that being able to read the menu themselves makes the dining
experience more inclusive and enjoyable.

Visually impaired people are sociable creatures. They love food and also
like to eat out. And above all else, they value their independence.
Basically, they just want to be treated like anybody else.

The Solution?

Good Food Talks is a platform that empowers people with visual impairments
to access and browse
 restaurant menus on their smartphones,tablets and computers in the way that
most suits them and their vision, whether out and about or at home.
 Customers can:

Listen to the menu
View it in a large text format
View it with inverted colours
View it using the Open Dyslexic font

Good Food Talks is and always will be free to access for all users. This
revolutionary service is already being used by hundreds of thousands of
people in the UK and now it is in India!

"I love Good Food Talks! I now feel confident going to restaurants with
friends. I am now able to read the menu and make choices for myself and even
order for others when I am throwing a treat. Earlier, much of the time was
lost in me listening to someone reading out the menu to me in the noisy
environment. And I generally made a choice after listening to the first few
items and always felt shy to ask for the prices."
Veena, Delhi

How do you get your restaurant on Good Food Talks?

You can yourself create an account and Submit your menu. Alternatively, get
in touch with us and we will take care of the rest.