  From: Him Prasad Gautam
  To: AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issues concerningthe
disabled.
  Sent: Sunday, January 31, 2016 8:54 PM
  Subject: Re: [AI] Unicode Dilemma

  hi,
  Decimal is the system of digital expression where it is basically
  assumed that there exists ten numbers. In hexadecimal system, the
  basic number are assumed as sixteen. In general practice, there are
  two more system too. The binary where the basic number are consider as
  two and the octagonal where the basic numbers are consider as eight.
  In our daily life, as we understand the numerical system of practice,
  the number are in decimal system. In decimal system, the basic number
  are 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9.
  There is no single digit number larger than 9. The larger number than
  nine is expressed  by two digit figure that is 1 and 0 i.e. 10!
   In hexadecimal system, there are sixteen single digit basic numbers.
  they are 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f. Here a b c d e f are not
  considered as alphabets of English but  the numeric expression larger
  than nine. I.e. Ten is represented by a, eleven by b, twelve by c and
  so on. The larger than fifteen is represented by two digit figure by
  the digital symbol 0 to f i.e.  sixteen is written as 1 0, seventeen
  as 1 1 , eighteen as 1 2 and 255 as ff!!
  In octagonal system, there are only eight numbers. They are 0 1 2 3 4
  5 6 7. Here larger than seven is expressed by two digit i.e. 1 and 0
  i.e. eight is written as 1 0!
  Similarly, In binary system, it is considered that there exists only
  two basic number! they are 0 and 1. Here, two is written as 1 0, three
  as 1 1, and four as 1 0 0!
  Mind that The whole computer stand on the binary system!
  It means, in binary system 1 0 0 represents as two and in hexadecimal
  system. 1 0 0 represents as 256.
  Hence In your case, 66 in decimal is sixty Six and it produced the
  capital letter B but in hexadecimal system 6 6 means 102 and it
  produced the small letter f which its character code. There are
  formulas to convert the decimal figure to hexadecimal or octagonal or
  binary figures and vice versa.
   For further information, please study the fundamentals of computer or
  numerical science related literature's.

  Him Prasad Gautam
  Kathmandu, Nepal

sent through this mailing list..