hi,
I wanted to give some clarification hence posting to the group.
no, study leave is different from FDP. for fdp, the granting authority
is UGC where as for study leave, the granting authority is university.
it is provided as per the UGC regulations for minimum qualification
for appointment of teachers and maintenance of standards in higher
education regulations 2010 regulation no. 8.2. study leave is also
granted for 2 years + one additional year. but, I need leave only for
one year. getting the FDP granted is difficult because it has to pass
through the same university people and they play delay tactics + delay
in UGC office. I don't have enough time for all of that. within
december first week of this year I have to submit my thesis.
on oral enquiry, they are saying that they are not willing to deny me,
but they are in the fear that other teachers might also ask for the
same leave keeping my example. they are playing sympothy. you know
that is useless sympothy.
Umesha S E