As in my view indian railways are not aware about the abilities of
disabled persons.  When I got selected for medical exam, the eye
doctor laughed on me and said to other what medical standraded should
be given to him.  At that time told that this particular post come
under B2,  then he gave.  for more than a week the medical exam was
not conducted.  then the next step comes here.  After successful
passed in written exam and medical exam m my name was in selected
candidates who got job but more than 5 months I did not got
appointment letter.  Here along with me 25 candidates who are
physically challenged also did not got appointment letters.  Then I
met DRM and told how a blind can do his duties with the help of nvda,
He got impressed and allowed other 5 candidates to send call letters.
We 6 got call letters and got happy the matter did not stopped here
after getting call letters and submissions of all documents and
service record upto a month we had not got appointment letters.  Then
once again along with 5 members and rest 19 various disabled
candidates I met DRM.  He got angry on the staff and conduct a meeting
regarding us and wanted our routes to be cleared.  fourtunately we 6
candidates got approval of the concerned dept head and gave
appointment letters.  the rest 19 candidates sent to CPRO of SC
railways.

After getting posting order I worked hardly and wants to create a
gateway for the blind.  In this Railway department especially in
commercial depertament I succeded by getting Cheif Commercial Manager
award within 18 months.  The whole south central railway came to know
that the blind can operate computer and work as a normal person.
Might be the first blind in commercial department to whom this award
is given to me only.  Now I am working in A category  station.

One day our CCM sir, who is the head of commercial department of south
central railways zone came to our rly station for visit and saw my
perfomance and got happy.  the words what he had delivered is, The
most happiest day in my life is today after meting him.

The officers who denied to give posting orders now loves me and take
care about me.  Especially I am thankful to our former DRM sir mr.
pradeep kumar and former Sr DCM Lsrk sathry sir who took initiative
steps.

My Chief Commercial Inspector Mr. Marthi rao sir who identified my
core competence  and provide good infrastructure to work at my work
place by providing computer, internet, speakers and I installed NVDA
on my computer.  Now in my zone I think so especially in my division
no blind will face this type of problem next because by almighty Allah
grace I tried to create the gateway for us.

Lastly I am thankful to AICB, Access India and list member Mr.  Bandi.
Vikram who helped to get computer knowledge and other skills.

thanks and regards,
sazid