I5 is better, I have used dual core and I3 for that matter and when it
comes to performing OCR, Dual core as well I3s can't do any other task
with an OCR software running in the background. My I5 doesn't even
bother about it. So I5 is surely more stable and have been using this
since last 2 years now.

HTH,
Ajay

Ajay Minocha